Sound Testing for Building Regulations

Sound Testing for Building Regulations

At inacoustic, we can arrange for nationwide UKAS and ANC Accredited Sound Insulation Testing and provide reports for submission to your building control officer. Part E of the Building Regulations for England and Wales, requires sound testing to be carried out in all new-build dwellings and conversions that create two or more adjoining dwellings with either separating walls or floors.

Sound testing is a carried out to ensure your development demonstrates acceptable levels of airborne and impact sound insulation performance outlined in approved document E of the Building Regulations.

Our sound testing fees offer value for money and quality of service. In the event of a failed test we offer design advice and a discounted re-test.

In the relatively rare event of your test failing, one of our experienced acoustic consultants will review the construction and provide advice on cost-effective solutions to achieve the appropriate standard. Remedial works can be expensive, so it is best to get the job right first time.